Eye-On-Water Setup Instructions
EYE-ON-WATER ONLINE WATER MONITORING
Water Utility customers who have had a “smart” meter installed now have the ability to monitor their home or business water usage online, with hourly readings, past usage graphing, and other features. To start monitoring your usage, you will need your account number which can be found on your utility bill. There is no charge for this meter installation however there is a $3/month service charge for the data cost.
1. Go to: eyeonwater.com or down load the “Eye on Water” app on your android or iPhone device.
2. Open the app.
3. Tap on the Register button
4. Tap on Enter your account information Manually
5. Enter the Zip Code
6. Select your water provider (East Central Baldwin County Water Authority)
8. Enter your Account ID (may obtain from your most recent billing statement)
9. Enter a valid e-mail address
10. Create and confirm password
11. Verify that you have read the Terms of Service
12. Tap on Next button
13. An email will be sent to the email address that you provided
14. Click or tap on the link in the email to verify it is valid
15. You can now sigh into your account
16. You can set up leak alerts. This will notify you any time there is a continual usage of at least 1 gallon or more of water for continuous 24-hour period.
If you have any trouble creating an account please give our office a call at 251-942-1242. Please allow 30 days from the installation of the meter before activating this service.
Monitoring enables customers to detect leaks from toilets, outside hose bibs, or appliance failures, as well as seasonal usage. Please note: Historical data starts July 2016 for most customers, or whenever their smart meter was installed, whichever is later. If you are unsure if you have a smart meter, or do not have one yet and would like to have one installed (at no charge) please call the office at 251-942-1242. There is no cost to have the meter installed however there is a $3.00/month charge for the data cost associated with the meter.
For more information on how the app works please click on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7L6fnDi_I&t=125s